Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Morning Jacket - 2010-10-19 - At Dawn

At Dawn!!!!!!!!!

Another mind blowing night from the gents of My Morning Jacket. Going into this show there was definitely some concern that "The Tennessee Fire" could not be topped, or even matched, but they did it again, equally mind blowing, my panties were rocked off again.



"Honest Man" defined rock and roll, "X-Mas Curtain" was a tune I've wanted to see since day one of Jacket obsession and I got to see an incredibly powerful version last night, "Stragulation!" was, well, to quote Ryan Adams "For everything there is a word, for everything but this." "Phone Went West" was amazing.


The encore. Oh my god, the encore. The started it with an incredibly dark Danzig cover, they KILLED "O Is The One That is Real," another tune I've wanted to see live from day one and never have was out of control. "Miss You" by the Rolling Stones into "Cobra" was maybe the single best live music moment I've ever had.


1. At Dawn
2. Lowdown
3. The Way That He Sings
4. Death Is My Sleezy Pay
5. Hopefully
6. Bermuda Highway
7. Honest Man
8. X-mas Curtain
9. Just Because I Do
10. If It Smashes Down
11. I Needed It Most
12. Phone Went West
13. Strangulation!
----------
14. How The Gods Kill (Danzig)
15. O Is The One That is Real
16. Come Closer
17. Miss You (The Rolling Stones)
18. Cobra
19. Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath) 

Don't be surprised if Terminal 5 implodes by Saturday. At the rate we're going that's where we are headed.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO FULL OF ENVY!!!!!

kid johnny said...

ARE THERE ANY TAPERS IN THE HOUSE?
could have sworn i saw some mics monday night, tuesday was late and headed upstairs.