Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Morning Jacket - 2010-10-18 - The Tennessee Fire


Last night the My Morning Jacket confirmed, once again, that they are the best band on the planet. They played "The Tennessee Fire" in it's completion and then played a tasty mix of covers and other tunes from TTF era. I was fully expecting for the first night to be a somewhat tame night but I couldn't have been more wrong. They rocked. They rocked so f*cking hard my body hurts. But they also were intimate and personal and genuinely grateful and happy to be in NYC. "War Begun" was INTENSE, "Old September Blues" was beautiful, everything was excellent. 


Johnny Quaid (original MMJ guitarist) made a guest appearance (more than one song, a lot of songs actually) and was on stage rocking his (and ours) socks off. I can talk about last night forever but I think the video below really describes it best.





Make sure to check out The Steam Engine on Twitter and Facebook, I'm blogging the entire trip at those two places.


"That was one constant stream of holy f*ck" - Crispy

1. Heartbreakin Man
2. They Ran
3. The Bear
4. Nashville To Kentucky
5. Old September Blues
6. If All Else Fails
7. It’s About Twilight Now
8. Evelyn Is Not Real
9. War Begun
10. Picture Of You
11. I Will Be There When You Die
12. The Dark
13. By My Car
14. Butch Cassidy
15. I Think I’m Going To Hell
----------
16. I Just Wanted To Say
17. Rocket Man (Elton John)
18. Weeks Go By Like Days
19. Tyrone (Erykah Badu)
20. White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)
21. Hot Legs (Rod Stewart)
22. Lil Billy


3 comments:

el jammin said...

that video confirms that girl had a really nice lsd trip, but how was the show?

YAUS said...

You HAVE to post this concert on here!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome! were there tapers? i would love to hear this show someday!