Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sonic Youth - The Diamond Sea

In recent months I have been getting into Sonic Youth. Daydream Nation and Goo are all I have and I adore both. This song is playing on The Cardinals website and that is how I got my first exposure.

I really think this song is perfect. The use of distortion and feedback is fantastic, for some reason I have always found tunes like these extremely calming.

Anyways, grab the download after the lyrics.

Time takes its crazy toll
and how does your mirror grow
you better watch yourself when you jump into it
'cause the mirror's gonna steal your soul

I wonder how it came to be my friend
that someone just like you has come again
you'll never, never know how close you came
until you fall in love with the diamond rain

throw all his trash away
look out he's here to stay
your mirror's gonna crack when he breaks into it
and you'll never never be the same

look into his eyes and you can see
why all the little kids are dressed in dreams
I wonder how he's gonna make it back
when he sees that you just know it's make-belief

blood crystalized as sand
and now I hope you'll understand
you reflected into his looking glass soul
and now the mirror is your only friend

look into his eyes and you will see
that men are not alone on the diamond sea
sail into the heart of the lonely storm
and tell her that you'll love her eternally

time takes its crazy toll
mirror fallin' off the wall
you better look out for the looking glass girl
'cause she's gonna take you for a fall

look into his eyes and you shall see
why everything is quiet and nothing's free
I wonder how he's gonna make her smile
when love is running wild on the diamond sea

Download - Sonic Youth - The Diamond Sea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for posting this..it's my second favorite song by sonic after little trouble girl. i had to buy a video version of it from itunes (at 3 minutes long only) because they make you purchase the whole album if you want the song. anyway, i love your blog and look forward to checking out your recommendations, you have exquisite taste in tunes!

23/7 said...

i know most people prefer the early/classic SY stuff.... but do yourself a favor and check out their recent 3 studio albums, all really good: Murray Street, Sonic Nurse, and Rather Ripped.

-------

http://23-7.blogspot.com

Jason said...

I have been rockin' Rather Ripped pretty hard lately, I think they are the next band I am going to get really into.

Jason said...

Thanks fotofrenzy!