Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Dead Weather - Coachella 2010 Audio and Video

Photo by: Cale Glendening

These dudes (and lady) have been slaying me lately. In preparation for their show in Chicago at the end of this month I've been pretty much non stop with both of their records (Horehound and Sea of Cowards) and a slew of live stuff (this post and Live from the 9:30 Club). There are so many moments on both of their records that have me starting the track over just to experience it again. Today I have a real treat though, both the audio and video from their Coachella 2010 performance thanks to Some Kind of Awesome. SKoA is a great resource, check it out. My personal highlights on this are the absolutely filthy blues of "Will There Be Enough Water?" (Jack White guitar explosion, my god), the excellent new tune "Die By The Drop" and well, the whole damn thing. Gotta love the Captain Beefheart playing before they hit the stage too.

Forever My Queen
60 Feet Tall
Hang You From The Heavens
You Just Can't Win
So Far From Your Weapon
I Cut Like a Buffalo
No Horse
Blue Blood Blues
Hustle and Cuss
Die By The Drop
Will There Be Enough Water?
New Pony