Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Off to Summercamp!


I am headed to Chillicothe, IL tomorrow morning for 4 days (well, 3.5, Thursday is a "pre party" type deal) of live music and camping (well, a music fests version of camping) and will be largely out of the loop until Monday. My main form of communication with all you wonderful people will be Twitter and Facebook (yes TSE is now on Facebook! Become my friend! Check out all the "follow me" links just to the right of this post --->) via my phone. I'm not bringing the laptop along for the ride and I'm not 100% sure on the cell phone charging situation so, we'll see how well connected I can stay! In the meantime enjoy these offerings from The Black Keys and Delta Spirit, two great bands each with fantastic new records out. Have a good, long weekend everyone!

If anyone is going to Summercamp and would like to meet for a beer, you know how to contact me!



Their latest record, Brothers, is my favorite of the year. I feel like this is the record, the sound, that Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney have had in their heads since they started this band.

1. Intro
2. Set You Free
3. Hard Row
4. No Trust
5. The Moon


Download - The Black Keys - The Peel Sessions Pt. I - 2003-7-5



I've been off and on with these guys for a little while now. It's always been enjoyable, I just never took that dive in. Their latest release History from Below has me hooked though and I plan on listening to their previous and widely acclaimed record Ode to Sunshine a couple times on my drive down to Summercamp tomorrow.

1. Welcome to Daytrotter
2. Lover's Waltz
3. Peace in the Valley
4. No Trust
5. The Moon
  

Download - Delta Spirit - The Daytrotter Sessions - 2009-2-20


0 comments: