Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whiskeytown - Those Weren't The Days

This is an unrealsed Whiskeytown album. I guess this is my way of celebrating Ryan Adams & The Cardinals brilliant new album Cardinology (released today 10/28!!! GO BUY IT!) with some old school Ryan Adams via Whiskeytown. I noticed a lot of the songs on this (maybe all, have not had a chance to look at the track listing) are on the Strangers Almanac reissue.

1. My Heart Is Broken
2. Things I Heard
3. Luxury Liner
4. Kiss And Make Up
5. Further Down The Road
6. Believe
7. 10 Seconds 'Til The End Of The World
8. The Rain Won't Help You When It's Over
9. Ticket Time
10. Wither, I'm A Flower
11. Hipshake
12. Here's To The Rest Of The World
13. Empty Baseball Park
14. San Antonio
15. Factory Girl
16. All You Can Feel
17. New York Angel
18. Only To Lose
19. Dreams

Download - Whiskeytown - Those Weren't The Days

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS GOING TO BE RELEASED AT SOME TIME PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine it will be released. Don't even think it's a proper album. Some of the stuff is clearly in between "Pneumonia" and "Heartbreaker". It's a mystery that "NYC Angel" hasn't got a proper release - it's such a great track. Sounds a bit like the "Nebraska" Springsteen, which is the only album by the boss I really enjoy nowadays. But to make a long (rambling) post short: safe post. /Bakamomo

Jason said...

Thanks /Bakamomo.

I have never listened to "The Boss" but I have heard soooo many people say that "Nebraska" is so amazing. Maybe I will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

It's really worth a listen. I'm guessing it was a big influence on "Heartbreaker". Not lyrically, but musically. At least it sounds that way. "Nebraska" is in my book, one of the best Americana albums ever recorded - but rarely listed as one by journalists, who more often mentions bands like The Byrds or Grateful Dead. Maybe things had turned out differently if Springsteen had not become Mr-Bigger-than-Life-Stadium-Rocker-Born in-the-USA. Fantastic album when you really listen to it. If you google for a download, there's an extended bootleg studio-version with like 20 tracks that's the bomb. Another guess: Patterson Hood of the Drive-by Truckers must have listened to it when he made his solo album. Similar striped-down home recording with hardcore Americana. /Bakamomo

Jason said...

I will def. check it out today. What is you book called? Shoot me some info.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that one - I'm from Sweden and sometimes use Swedish expressions (like "in my book") without realizing there's no equivalent in English. I haven't written a book, I just ramble on in your fine blog. :)
But "Nebraska" is a kick-ass album. And when I'm on about spotted "Heartbreaker influences" -compare "In My Time of Need" with Townes van Zandts "If I Needed You" ... lyric and music wise. A not too subtle allusion.

Jason said...

Haha, I am probably just an idiot. But anyways, I will check out all that music. Thanks /Bakamomo.

Anonymous said...

i believe a few of these tracks have shown up on that strangers almanac deluxe edition that came out in the spring...

this is considered to be the PROMO release for strangers almanac...

LOVE IT!