Monday, June 23, 2008

MMJ - Radio City Music Hall

My Morning Jacket played their sold-out-in-22-minutes show at New York's famed Radio City Music Hall last Friday. I just got this from archive.org and I have not listened to it yet but I did see a pretty ridiculous (meaning awesome) video of Jim James at the end of Steam Engine; I am not going to explain, just check it out yourself, it is well worth it (It happens on One Big Holiday too).

All these live shows are becoming overwhelming! We have SXSW, Bonnaroo, I just ripped Jim James at St. Davids Church (on NPR website, quality is excellent, give me a couple of days to break it up and turn them into MP3's) and now this. But I would rather be overwhelmed by this then something like poverty.

What it comes down to is that My Morning Jacket may play similar set lists from night to night (excluding Bonnaroo) but every song every night has its own feel and sonic signature that cannot be duplicated and that is what makes them the best touring band out there. Enjoy the show, I know I will get a couple listens in tonight.

And if you are intersted, here is asshole defined.

Asshole - (ass-hole); adj.; - the drunk fuckin' idiot that sings the guitar in My Morning Jacket's rager One Big Holidy.

Download - MMJ - Radio City Music Hall from www.archive.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling overwhelmed by poverty at the moment. You're lucky! Where are all the other bands that used to be on this blog? I mean, MMJ is great but I like variety!

Anonymous said...

I only want to listen to MMJ! : )