Monday, June 2, 2008

Jeff Tweedy - Rocky Mountain Folk Festival 2006

I saw Jeff Tweedy solo on February 20th, 2006 at a little bar in DeKalb, IL called Otto's. Wilco used to play at this place pretty regularly up until A Ghost Is Born and Jeff was actually quoted in Rolling Stone magazine that the first show he played out of rehab, which was at Otto's, was the best show that Wilco has ever played. That is pretty (pretty=REALLY) awesome, however, I was not there, my brother-in-law was, and he was standing front row (the place holds less then 1,000 people, and that is probably an overestimate), and he concurs. Anyways, Jeff played a solo show therein February of 2006, I was about 10 feet from the stage and to this day it remains one of the best and most amazing shows I have ever seen. I had this recording at one point, it was great quality too, and I have since lost it (anybody have it?!?). He finished his set off with Acuff-Rose; he unplugged from the PA system and played it at the edge of the stage, the place was dead silent. Since I cannot share that show with you here is him at the Rocky Mountain Folk Festival in 2006. This has long been one of my favorite listens.

UPDATED 2009-10-13

Download - Jeff Tweedy - Rocky Mountain Folk Festival 2006

7 comments:

tjb said...

Excellent quality...great version of kidsmoke!

Marcus Kirkpatrick said...

You wouldn't happen to have track 06 at all would you?

Clifford said...

Hello- I was at this show and am excited to discover that it was recorded. I had never heard Wilco or Jeff before the show and was just blown away by how good it was. Much more than Ani or Kristofferson the other nights. The links are dead- please contact me if you could help me get a complete copy- I have space I could offer to share it and some other solo boots to offer. Thanks you very much!

Jason said...

That link is DTF.

Clifford said...

DTF?

Jason said...

Down To Fuck. Using fuck in a very general sense, it's ready to go, enjoy the show, it's excellent!

Clifford said...

LOL- rawk- thanks