Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meddle is the winner

Well Pink Floyd's Meddle is the winner of the favorite Pink Floyd album poll. I do agree that it is exceptional. It really does show a band in at a turning point, I would say Radiohead's Meddle would be The Bends. In honor of Meddle I am posting Meddler, a Pink Floyd bootleg from way back when. At the beginning the announcer says it is The Best of the BBC Rock Hour Series. It is not all Meddle material but it is great none the less. Embryo may be one of my favorites, Gilmour really makes that guitar cry; the guy can play the blues.

Download - Pink Floyd - Meddler Pt. 1
Download - Pink Floyd - Meddler Pt. 2

3 comments:

Hatfielder said...

I do love some Meddle, but I have to go with Animals.

Big props to producer John Leckie here, who produced/engineered Meddle and The Bends. And you may know him as the producer of Z.

Jason said...

Man you know what, I knew all of that but never put it together, that is fucking cool. Leckie has had a part in 3 of the best bands ever.

Hatfielder said...

Got that right! Three of my top 5 for sure.