Friday, April 25, 2008

Bloomfield-Kooper-Stills - Super Session

A couple of years ago I was working at IT Helpdesk and a friend of mine, an older guy that happened to listen to some sweet tunes, handed me Bloomfield-Kooper-Stills - Super Session. He knew I was in to classic stuff, CSN and sometimes Y, blues, all sorts of stuff. This is an album that only takes one listen to get into it. I was scrolling through my iPod looking for something I had not listened to lately and this struck me. Apparently Bloomfield and Kooper set out to make an album, finished the first side and then Bloomfield, a heroin addict, disappeared and Kooper called on Stephen Stills to finish the album. I would say that this is perfect music to throw on the stereo, mix a drink and hang out; it is a really great record with some great blues/jazz jams. Check it out.


Download - Bloomfield-Kooper-Stills - Super Session - SIDE ONE
Download - Bloomfield-Kooper-Stills - Super Session - SIDE TWO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE Stephen Stills fan....this is a great album!!

Dave - Virginia

tjb said...

Love the white boys playing the blues.....truly a hidden gem....thanks for the post Jdog!