Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Morning Jacket Grammy's

Anyone that reads this blog with some regularity know I love KofL and Radiohead. But should Radiohead really be in the running for an album that came out in 2007? And while I think the Kings latest offering Only By The Night is fantastic, I could think of more deserving work. I probably should not be worked up over this because the Grammy's don't mean a god damn thing, any group that rewards pop acts and people like Britney Spears are clearly well of their rockers. ANYWAYS, on with the news.

From Jambase.com (with my edits):

Kings of Leon got three nods for Best Rock Performance (have they ever seen MMJ perform?), Best Rock Album (have they ever listened to MMJ?) and Best Rock Song for "Sex on Fire" (Uhhh, Evil Urges in its entirety? OR just the "rockers" tracks 1, 3, 4, 10, 11, 13. Maybe they really have never "heard" MMJ) The Best Rock Song category also finds Bruce Springsteen ("Girls in Their Summer Clothes")(I think they are playing a goof on us!), Radiohead ("House of Cards") (ROCK song?), Death Cab for Cutie ("I Will Possess Your Heart") (One of the best of the year?) and Coldplay ("Violet Hill") (Do I even need to comment?) The Raconteurs were also nominated in Best Rock Album (Evil Urges, Cardinalogy, Attack & Release, Real Emotional Trash?).

Best Alternative Music Album boasts My Morning Jacket, Beck, Death Cab and Radiohead.

Does anyone else feel like our boys are getting shafted?


6 comments:

Zak said...

Luckily for MMJ, they probably couldn't care less about not being nominated. I would believe their secure in the knowledge that their "music" stands up against any popular music "noise".

Jason said...

Well put.

Anonymous said...

All kidding aside, why isn't Nickleback up for anything...seriously...that band must have been sent down by god himself.

Anonymous said...

While MMJ may be getting "shafted", we have to look at the bright side of things here. At least the Grammy's are finally starting to nominate decent music as opposed to most of the other shit that gets crammed down our throats. This is the first year that I could just about vote in every major category, and there is actually someone I like, and would vote for....

Anonymous said...

Did MMJ get shafted? Have you heard Evil Urges? I think they are lucky to get what they got.

Anonymous said...

5th Commenter: I think you may have missed the point. I see this as an indictment on the "other" bands more than a compliment of Evil Urges.